Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Answers to two questions

These two questions were buried in Comments where they were unlikely to be seen by most readers. For the benefit of everyone who follows this blog, I have copied them here.

1) How can I make Thunderbird my default mail client instead of iMail?

Launch Mail. Select "Preferences..." from the Mail menu. Under the "General" tab you will fins a popup menu "Default email reader:". That is where you can switch to Thunderbird. I don't use Thunderbird, but you may be able to do the exact same thing by selecting the "General" tab in Thunderbird's preferences.

2) I have two NCCMU tabs in the Firefox link line. How can I delete the duplicate one? Draging it into the trash isn't working.

I don't use Firefox anymore, but in Camino (another Mozilla browser) you can select "Show Bookmark manager" from the "Bookmarks" menu.