▾ ☐ Announcements
If you're a new attendee, please give us your email address so you'll be able to get meeting announcements.
▾ ☐ Some of Apple's software updated since our last meeting
Run Software Update or visit Apple - Support - Downloads
• ☐ Safari 7.0.6
• ☐ iTunes 11.4
iTunes 11.4 now supports the ability to sync your favorite music, movies, and more to devices with iOS 8.
OS X version 10.6.8 or later
400MB of available disk space
iTunes in the Cloud, iTunes Match, and iTunes Radio availability may vary by country
iTunes Radio requires OS X version 10.7 or later
iTunes Extras requires OS X version 10.9.3 or later
• ☐ Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 5.07
This update adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto '11:
• Nikon D810
• Panasonic LUMIX DMC-FZ1000
OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.5 w/ iPhoto 9.4.3 or Aperture 3.4.5
OS X Mavericks 10.9 w/ iPhoto 9.4.3 or Aperture 3.4.5
• ☐ OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 Update
The OS X Mavericks 10.9.5 update is recommended for all Mavericks users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
• Improves the reliability of VPN connections that use USB smart cards for authentication
• Improves the reliability of accessing files located on an SMB server
• Includes Safari 7.0.6
• ☐ Security Update 2014-004 (Lion)
OS X 10.7.5
• ☐ Security Update 2014-004 (Mountain Lion)
OS X 10.8.5
• ☐ iOS 8
This update contains hundreds of new features.
iPhone 4s or later
iPad 2 or later
iPad mini or later
iPod touch (5th gen)
• ☐ Safari 7.1
The Safari 7.1 update is recommended for all OS X Mavericks users and contains improvements to privacy, compatibility and security.
• ☐ Xcode 6.0.1
Includes SDKs for OS X 10.9 Mavericks and iOS 8.0.
• Interface Builder renders your custom controls live in the design canvas
• Preview editor displays your UI in alternate sizes, orientations, and languages
• View debugging displays a 3D model of all view layers in your running app
• SpriteKit level editor lets you design complete scenes for your games
• Localization workflow imports & exports .XLIFF, and generates base strings from code
• Performance tests run on OS X Server 3.2 alert you when a code change impacts speed
• Instruments has a beautiful new interface that is easier to configure
New features specific to iOS:
• Swift programming language with full Xcode integration for building iOS apps
• Playgrounds for experimenting with your Swift code
• SceneKit is now supported in iOS as well OS X
• Extensions for iOS and can be added to your app bundle as a new target
• Frameworks for iOS enable shared code among apps and extensions
* NOTE: Swift support for OS X is coming in a future Xcode update
• ☐ iOS 8.0.1
• ☐ iOS app updates too numerous to mention
• ☐ The next meeting will be held Thursday, October 30, 2014, 4:30 PM at the Langlois Library.
(subject to confirmation)
• ☐ A few resources for Mac newbies
• ☐ Apple’s September 9 Special Event
• ☐ Q&A, General Discussion