Thursday, February 25, 2016
▾ ☐ Announcements
If you're a new attendee, please give us your email address so you'll be able to get meeting announcements.
▾ ☐ Some of Apple's software updated since our last meeting
• ☐ Xcode 7.2.1
Feb 02 '16
Mac OS Developer Tools
Xcode 7.2.1 includes Swift 2.1.1 and SDKs for iOS 9.2, watchOS 2.1, tvOS 9.1, and OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan.
Fixed in Xcode 7.2.1:
• Command line tool 'xcodebuild test' will no longer time out waiting for Simulator.app to launch
• Resolved a debugger crash that could occur in code depending on a binary Swift library or framework
• Updated the certificate used to develop Apple Wallet passes, Safari Push Notifications, and Safari Extensions
• Additional bug fixes and stability improvements
• ☐ iTunes Movie Trailers 1.4.2
Feb 04 '16
iOS Universal Entertainment
iTunes Movie Trailers puts the newest HD movie previews in your hands. Browse trailers, clips, and featurettes for the biggest Hollywood blockbusters and independent cinema, view stunning HD photos, explore a year-long calendar of movie releases, find showtimes near you, and get ticket info directly from your iPad or iPhone.
The latest update includes support for iPad Pro and a number of minor performance and stability improvements.
• ☐ The next meeting will be held Thursday, March 31, 2016, 4:30 PM at the Langlois Library.
(subject to confirmation)
▾ ☐ How I Deal with Malware
▾ ☐ OS X Security Features
• ☐ Firewall
Application Level Firewall introduced in OS X Leopard.
• ☐ Sandbox
OS X Leopard
• ☐ File Quarantine (XProtect)
OS X 10.6.8 added regular malware definition updates..
• ☐ Gatekeeper
Introduced in version 10.7.5 of OS X Lion.
• ☐ System Integrity Protection
In OS X El Capitan, certain system files, folders and processes are flagged for protection with an extended file attribute. Among the protected directories are: /System, /bin, /sbin, /usr (but not /usr/local), /etc, and /var. The symbolic link from /tmp to /private/tmp is also protected, although /private/tmp is not itself protected. Most preinstalled Apple applications in /Applications are protected as well.
▾ ☐ Trojan Horses & Social Engineering
▾ ☐ Spam
• ☐ mail.google.com
• ☐ spamcop.net
▾ ☐ Phone Spam
• ☐ Use a phone with a Caller ID display
• ☐ Call Blocker
• ☐ Q&A, General Discussion